DID YOU KNOW:
94% of problems in business are systems driven by only 6% are people driven? (Source: W. Edwards Deming)
Have you ever said to yourself … I wish I could clone myself?!
I know, me too. Which is why I established my business and set up all of my systems and processes so I could clone myself. It wasn’t always that way. I was just as busy as you are. I used to be to CEO and I didn’t have to worry about the systems and processes, but I knew how important they were when I was working.
So it was one of the first things I set up in my own business.
And guess what? I had more time to focus on my business and I was able to “clone” myself.
“Cloning” yourself allows you to free-up your time to do what you good at or to create new services or plan or replan your product offerings.
To do this successfully it’s important to know where you are in the business journey.
Business success roadmap looks like this:
Stage one – Hustle
If you’re getting consistent income then that is the sign you are ready to move on the breakthrough stage.
It’s now time to invest in some key areas including:
- A project management tool to keep you on track – for example, Asana, Trello or Monday.
- A social media scheduling tool to schedule your content ahead of time – try Hootsuite, Buffer or Planoly.
- An online booking system to save time going back and forth to find a time to meet with people. Try Acruity or Calendly.
- Accounting software such as Quickbooks or Xero.
CRM / email marketing platform. I use Mailerlite, but there are plenty of others including Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, Ontraport, Kajabi and Active Campaign. It will depend on your needs as to which one you go with.
Stage two – breakthrough
This is the stage where you need to clone yourself to free up your time.
It is possible, you just need to put some systems and processes in place.
Follow these tips:
- Set up your routine. This alone = time management.
- Client relationship – you must start to nurture and follow up on your clients regularly.
- You will need a back-up solution because data is a major asset.
inbox management – you would have a PA or VA do this for you.
- Marketing campaigns – start to upgrade your content with email campaigns.
- Team communication – what program are you using to communication regularly with your team. You can use different methods such as a messenger service like Slack or Microsoft Team, Google Hangouts or even Facebook. Again, it will depend on your needs.
- Start documenting your work instructions for various tasks: For example, invoicing, booking clients, data backup, folder and file naming structure, inbox management and so on.
Stage three – leverage / scale
At this stage, you have self-promoted to CEO and you are ready to step up and lead the business. You are ready to hit your $500k-$1 million journey.
At this point, you are:
- Getting noticed by other influencers and they want to collaborate with you.
- Committed to building a strong BOS (business operating system) and hiring more people.
- Building your team and they are handling most of the day-to-day tasks.
- Observant and deeply understand your ideal clients and their pain points/challenges.
- Implementing a customer care team.
Business systems and processes make for great decision making in the face of uncertainty – and they have never been more important than right now.
If you want a certain roadmap to get back 10 hours in your week – every week – I have something for you.
Download my 10-step Gmail Sanity Checklist. It’s been designed for you especially so you know the exact steps to take so you can save your precious time, while systemising and automating your business.
Ask me anything
Systems allow your business to clone yourself and have more time for the important things, like growing your business. If you want to make your business more streamlined, productive, and ultimately more profitable. It’s never too late to join the business processes bandwagon!
If you have any questions about organising your business, you can email me here and I will answer you personally.
Looking for social & get your work done!
If you need help to get on top of everything, I’ve carved out some accountability time just for you to work on your business.
Whatever you need to get done, my new co-working sessions are helping business owners all over the country work on their systems, processes, automations and anything else they really need to do to streamline and grow their business right now.
It’s free and my gift to you to help you through the current climate. Sign up here and we will send you the details.