Your vision. Arguably the most important part of your business plan.
- Step 1: Create a business vision if you don’t have one. If you have one, update it.
- Step 2: Add it to your plan.
- Step 3: Start actioning it so it becomes a reality!
A business vision is how you want your business to be at some point in the future. It is based on your business and personal goals and what you want to achieve.
Its most significant reason for being created is to help you focus – so you are always heading in the right direction. All major decisions should be based on your business vision, to help you to understand where your business is now, and where you want it to be in the future in both the short-term and the long-term.
Your vision should include scalability and exactly how you plan to grow your business. To do this, you may have to look at aspects such as training your team, improving current hardware or software systems, your mindset, and taking on collaborative and expert support.
It needs to add great value to your organisation as it helps to influence your business’s strategy going forward.
How to set your business vision?
- Make time and space for your vision.
- Write down everything you want your business to be; don’t let anything get in the way – what do you truly desire?
- Project five to 10 years into the future.
- Align it with your business values and goals.
- Make sure it is very clear and concise. Get it into a statement.
- Make sure your team knows it and sees it.
What other areas should you look at in your business once you have established what systems and processes you need?
After you have determined what systems and processes your company needs, you will add additional value by identifying other areas where you can make improvements. These could include training employees on new skills, customer service, hardware or software, re-clarifying your target market, and upgrading your business premises.
Vision: It’s time to achieve more in your business
When you have followed the REAVA method – Review, Evaluate and Plan, Action Vision and Achieve – you simply achieve more; more organisation, automation and a winning team, allowing you to focus on lead-generation and growth activities.
Achieving more in your business strategy allows you to become more sustainable to grow at a healthy level in terms of sales, revenue, and profit. With new processes and systems, you will free up time to think about new ideas for further revenue creation.
Need some help with your next action steps? We offer flexible options for you on either a monthly, quarterly, or bi-annual basis and can provide reviews/audits, and personalised service that is tailored to your unique company.
If you want to achieve more in your business, you need help from the experts. It’s important to work with someone who has the experience to help drive your business forward in the direction you want. However, many people don’t take the necessary steps and try to work it out on their own instead.
This can spell disaster for the success of your company because sometimes you need an unbiased and expert observer who can give you impartial guidance. An expert can help you to identify aspects of your business that need improvement and that you might not have noticed on your own.
Are you making these 3 common mistakes?
Did you know there are 3 major mistakes people make when it comes to vision and trying to achieve more in their business?
- The first mistake is allowing your fear to go unchecked. An expert can help you to see what is holding you back professionally and operationally, and this is vital since sometimes we all need help to unpack our fear, get reassurance, and move forward.
- Having no clear boundaries is a second error that can result in too much flexibility and being too emotional. You will also be more likely to make decisions based on emotion rather than facts – and this can really do damage to your business.
- Change, no matter how painful, can be a good thing. The third mistake is remaining in your comfort zone, and being too scared or unwilling to make the necessary changes to your business to improve it – and, in turn, improve your lifestyle too.
When you continually make these mistakes, you will start to see issues that unfold and cause you angst.
- Having too much fear can take up too much space in your head – while being unwilling to change could result in your product or service becoming obsolete, or you deliver poor or below-average quality work.
- No one wants a bad reputation in business, but if you are well-known for your emotional outbursts or decisions based on emotion rather than logic, you will not be the first choice of company for your customers.
- Low performance and output is a result of not focusing on what is important and spending too much time working in an inefficient system.
Don’t let it get to this point! By scheduling your own REAVA process review, you can have peace of mind that the future of your company will be a bright one.
We can help you to conduct evaluations on a monthly, quarterly, or bi-annual basis and provide reviews, audits, and personalised service using our proven REAVA method.
If you need help, please get in touch here.
Join our free weekly Online Coworking Sessions
Meanwhile, it’s official! Our Online Coworking Session is no longer a COVID-19 event, it’s a regular weekly event for business owners who need time to work on their businesses to implement their systems and processes.
To begin with, this was a short-term free offering to help business owners get through COVID, but now it is a long-term commitment to our followers and you’re welcome to join us.
We meet weekly, on Thursday afternoons at 1 pm and each week we discuss a particular topic and then work on that area of the business. If you would like to join us, it’s free and easy: Just click here and sign up