Life as a female business owner can get overwhelming. In the beginning, you do everything yourself because it’s just you and you probably didn’t have a budget to hire people to help you.
But as time goes by, your little business starts to grow, more people start learning about what you do and you get more clients. Before you know it, you’ve grown a successful business startup, but you’re still doing everything; admin, finances, marketing, projects, sales and client work.
Before too long, you’re completely run down, exhausted and overwhelmed. You’re drowning and feel like there’s no way out. But there is. It’s called help and you get it from an OBM (online business manager), like me!
What is overwhelm?
I like the definition that an article from The Rediscovery of Me gives about overwhelm:
“An emotional state in which you are struggling to cope with or deal with your current situation. This state is often characterised by feelings of being buried, inundated, swamped, overloaded, overpowered and defeated. These feelings are usually accompanied by issues of volume, that is, there is simply too much going on to cope with, and there just aren’t enough hours in the day.”
So in this blog, I want to share some tips to help you overcome overwhelm in business, stay productive and build a successful business as a female entrepreneur.
How to overcome overwhelm in business
- Have a plan – Establish deadlines, milestones and goals, then follow the plan as a path to overcome overwhelm.
- Stay organised – Keep your files organised, track your progress, and stay on top of your work.
- Get support – Find fellow female entrepreneurs who can help you (like me). I have 20+ years of experience in business management and can help you to take control of your business and achieve your goals.
- Time for yourself – This may sound counterintuitive and you might think you don’t have time for anything let alone yourself, but having some time for yourself every day (and when you need it) will help you maintain your energy levels and give you perspective.
- Exercise and meditate – The power of exercising, meditating and deep breathing is phenomenal in reducing the feelings of stress and overwhelm.
- Set your goals – What do you want to achieve this year? Once you set a goal, you can take steps to work towards it and every decision you make can be based on that goal.
- Set up your systems and processes – This can help you stay organised and focused, which is essential for success as a female entrepreneur.
- Optimise your workflow – When you can do this, you get the best out of your time and your systems and your business can be set on autopilot where possible.
- Delegate – This is one of the best things you can do for your stress and sanity in business, even if it is a few small tasks to start with (and that’s where I can help you!).
- Prioritise and manage your time – Once you start to get organised and feel less stressed, you will be able to manage your time a lot more efficiently.
- Stay positive – You will be OK if you get help to overcome your overwhelm. Don’t give up! There are plenty of people in your corner to support you.
- Network with like-minded people – The people you hang out with in life and business can have an effect on your stress levels. Keep it positive and look for like-minded people.
- Automate your workflow with online tools – I’ve got some great tools that I use to set my business up for success and I’d love to share them with you.
- Use online tools – Wherever possible, use online tools to keep your business organised and streamlined.
- Streamline your business – You’ll be able to focus on what’s important, improve your bottom line and reduce stress when it’s streamlined.
- Use metrics – Track your business goals, activities and progress with metrics and insights, then you can see what’s working and what needs improvement and only work on the most important tasks at hand.
- Get an Online Business Manager (OBM) – I can’t stress enough how important it is not to do everything yourself. That’s where overwhelm in business starts to set in and it can be difficult to untangle everything when you keep it all inside your mind!
Start reducing overwhelm in business today
Overcome overwhelm in business and start streamlining your business with the help of my online mini course “How to get back more time by streamlining your business”.
Inside this mini course you will learn the steps to streamline your business, stop money leakage and start growing a business that doesn’t rely solely on you.
Get access here.
Meanwhile, I’ve got 20+ years’ experience as Online Business Manager (OBM) across all sectors of business and I’m on hand to help you overcome those challenges and take your business to the next level in 2023, so you can spend more time on the really important tasks and have some time back for yourself and your family.
Book an initial chat to see if we are the right fit and how I can help you streamline your business.